15 Ways to Prepare Before You Go On Vacation
As Colorado residents set out for their summer vacations, knowing their homes and possessions are safe will make all the difference in the world. This is one of the best reasons to have a reliable home insurance coverage policy. Remember, your policy will cover loss and damages on your personal property while you’re away on vacation. If you plan on traveling to a foreign country, call your insurance provider for an up-to-date insurance review.
Here are some helpful vacation safety tips from Colorado Insurance to protect your personal information from prying eyes so you can have one less thing to worry while you’re away:
- Set a budget. Determine how much you want to spend on your vacation, including hotels, gasoline, souvenirs and meals.
- Don’t post on social media until you return.
- Let a trusted neighbor know you will be away from home and ask them to keep an eye on your home. It is a good idea to leave your contact information (hotel, mobile phone number, etc.) with a neighbor or family member, so you may be reached in case of an emergency.
- Be aware of any travel and/or health alerts at your destination.
- Write out a schedule and give it to a family member before you leave for safety purposes.
- Make copies of all of your credit cards and other important identification information ahead of time, including your medical insurance cards and traveler’s checks.
- Look for deals. You can find websites all over the internet that can help you score special discounts on hotels, amusement park tickets, airline tickets and so on.
- Schedule inside and outside lights at home on timers.
- Advise your home alarm company and local police department of your vacation schedule if you will be gone for an extended period of time.
- Stop subscriptions and/or utility services temporarily, such as U.S. mail, newspaper and/or garbage.
- Do not take expensive jewelry with you on your trip. Jewelry can get lost or be a target for thieves. Put them into a bank deposit box if possible.
- Never put your home address on your luggage tags. Write your phone number only on the tags instead.
- If you are traveling to a foreign country, remember to study up on laws and customs. You will have a much better time if you understand the culture and potential dangers.
- Make sure all electrical appliances at home are turned off before leaving.
- Closing your curtains before leaving home to prevent people from peering inside is often a good idea. However, closed curtains may also deter neighbors, friends or local police from noticing intruders inside.
How Colorado Insurance insures homes better than most?
We believe in insuring Colorado homes properly without sacrificing coverage that could put you in a compromising position. Whether it’s more extended dwelling coverage on your home insurance policy to correctly schedule valuables or taking the time to make sure we educate you on the importance of adding an umbrella policy, you can rest assured that Colorado Insurance agents have the knowledge and experience to insure you better. To find out how we can help you with your home insurance needs in Colorado, call 720-283-1722 or visit us online at http://www.BuyColoradoInsurance.com.
Now go and have a great time!