So you’re shopping around for auto insurance. What do you need to know? Well, there are lots of ways – at least 7– that you can save money. Many of these money-saving ideas may apply to you.
1. You Insurer Your Home With A Different Agent – Do you have a homeowners or renters insurance policy? If so, is it with the same insurance company that provides your auto insurance? If the answer is no, you’re paying too much – for both policies. * Tip. Talk to your Colorado Insurance agent about multi-policy discounts.
2. Your Driving Record Has Improved – It’s no secret that the better your driving record, the less you will pay for auto insurance. But did you know that most people qualify as “good drivers” and are eligible for discounted premiums? Some good drivers pay a lot more than others…
* Tip. Make sure you’re getting the best discount for your current driving record. Talk to us at Colorado Insurance.
3. High Profile, High-Cost – The type of car you drive is a major factor in what you pay for insurance. Is your vehicle a magnet for thieves? Is it more expensive to repair than most cars? If the answer to either of the last two questions is yes, you’re paying more than the average car owner for insurance.
* Tip Colorado Insurance is a broker and represent over 12 top Insurance companies…call us today.
4. Your Deductible Is Too Low: The deductible is the amount you pay before insurance kicks in if you have a claim. For example, if you have a $250 deductible and you have an accident in which your car sustains $1,000 in damage, you pay the first $250 and your insurer pays the balance, $750. The lower the deductible you choose, the more you pay. If you have assets, you can probably afford to absorb at least $250 and probably $500 if you have a claim.
* Tip. If it’s been years since you’ve had an accident, you may be better off raising your deductible and paying less each year for insurance.
5. You Have Coverage’s You Don’t Need – Let’s say you have an older car, one not worth very much. There’s really little point in having collision and comprehensive coverage. You don’t have much to protect. Remember, too, that you have to subtract your deductible from any potential payout you might get.
* Tip. As a general rule, any car worth less than $1,000 shouldn’t have collision and comprehensive coverage. Call Colorado us today…you may be able to save hundreds
6. Are You Getting The Discounts You Deserve – Auto insurance companies offer several discounts for a variety of reasons. The car has automatic seat beats, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft devices, etc. The driver is a good student, which is especially valuable if you have teenage children who will be on your policy.
* Tip. Discounts, discounts, discounts, call Colorado Insurance today to find out how much you can save!
7. Credit Where Is (Or Is Not) Due – Is your credit record better than your driving record? If you have a good credit record, you could be eligible for discounted premiums from several auto insurance companies.
* Tip. Regardless of your credit status, you should call Colorado Insurance today to discuss your situation.