Recreational Insurance

Recreational Insurance


How should I insure my boat?

Regardless if you belong to a private lake/reservoir that requires you to carry a certain amount of boat liability, you should always max out your boat liability to the available limit which is usually $500,000. Furthermore, you should always set your uninsured boater limit to match that at $500,000. Insuring your boat’s trailer with the correct stated value is also a necessity on your boat policy. Then of course you have your available comprehensive and collision deductibles which can be set at your specific needs.


How do I insure my ATV?

You are going to insure your ATV much like you insure your motorcycle, pretty much the same rules apply. You will have the option to insure the ATV for trail and road use, or simply trail use which could reduce your yearly premium.


How do I insure my fifth wheel camper?

The nice thing about insuring your fifth wheel, is that you can have this added right on to your primary auto policy. The camper does not need to carry liability coverage as this coverage extends from the vehicle that is pulling the camper. The only coverage you would need to carry is the comprehensive and collision coverage, and towing if available.

How do I insure my motorhome?

Your motorhome is going to be insured much like your primary auto, but most of the time this needs to be on its own policy. Carriers will offer some unique coverages for motorhome owners such as vacation liability. This essentially covers you and your family from any liability that could happen while the motorhome is parked and you are vacationing. Your Colorado Insurance agent can explain these special coverages in more detail and find the carrier that suits your needs.