Home Insurance Check-up
Fall is here and now is the time to start getting your home ready for harsh Colorado winters. First start with a free home insurance checkup form Colorado insurance. With temperatures falling and meteorologists predicting a colder than normal winter, the easiest and most cost efficient way to keep your home’s heat inside, while keeping your heating bill respectable, is to add fresh insulation to your attic, ceilings, basement, and walls. Colorado Insurance offers these ideas for your review
Good Time For an Insurance Check Up
Let Colorado Insurance can provide you with an insurance check-up to make sure you have the best possible coverage. We have access to a number of different markets and can save you even more if you combine your home and auto together.
Prepare Your Colorado Home For Winter
Have an emergency kit ready; an emergency kit is simply a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency. Include the following: water, flash lights and batteries, first aid kit, whistles to signal for help, basic tools, manual can opener, small supply of food, radio, candles, lighter, blankets and rope.
- Insulate water pipes
- Call an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace and clean ducts
- Check your roof for leaks
- Turn off all outside water and sprinklers
- Clean wood stoves and chimney’s
- Install window insulators
- Store summer tools and prep winter ones
- Replace cracked glass, if you end up replacing the window, you will need to prime and paint exposed wood
- Get a programmable thermostat
- Make sure you caulk or repair and replace any siding that is failing
- Make sure your recreation vehicles get the same care as your home
- Seal cracks in windows, doors, foundations, and ducts
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors
- Clean gutters
- Add insulation where needed
- Check for leaks in gutters, windows and roofs
- Cut shrubs away from your home
Your house is more than just an investment, it’s a place where memories are made and dreams are built. Whether you’re a first time home owner or celebrating many happy years in your dream home, Colorado Insurance is here to help you protect the home you love and the life you’ve built.
From the lofts of Downtown Denver, to the suburban tri levels of Highlands Ranch, Colorado Insurance has a custom policy to fit all your Home Insurance needs. Because everyone’s needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you. Call and speak to an insurance agent today at 720-283-1722 or simply submit your request online.